Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

She's a Lady!

I love conversations with Meredith.  I never really know what is going to come out of her mouth, and I am usually not prepared for it either!  Sometimes I think she knows way too much.

Yesterday when I picked her up from daycare we started talking about our upcoming weekend.  She wanted to know what we were going to be doing, and if we had anything special going on.  So, I told her that she and her Daddy were going to spend the day together on Saturday.  This is how the conversation went:

Meredith:  Well, what will you be doing?
Me:  I'm going to a Ladies Day at a church in  Charlotte with some of the ladies from church. 
Meredith:  Can I go with you?
Me:  No, it's a Ladies Day.  It's not for little girls.
Meredith:  Well, my Daddy calls me "lady" all the time...so, I think that means I can go.  Can I?
Me:  Your Daddy calls you "little lady".  The Ladies Day is for grown ups, not little ladies.
Meredith:  Oh okay...well, can I go next time.  I am going to be 4 on March 26th....then I will be grown up.

Of course, she had a super sweet smile on her face.  I didn't really know what else to say.  My response was, "you have to be older than 4 and I will let you know when you can go with me to the Ladies Days...and I will be so excited to spend those special times with you one day."  


Where has my little baby gone?  I am so proud of my sweet, smart little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment