Meredith has definitely been on a role tonight! Creig picked her up from daycare today, and I went to the grocery store after I left work. When I got home she came running out the door to help me carry in the groceries. We were on our second trip when she started yelling, "Look Mommy, look!" I turned and she was pointing up at the sky. There was an airplane flying over our house. I said, "Wow, it's an airplane."
The response I got was surprising, and so cute. She said, "No! Silly Mommy, it's a white rainbow." She thought the vapor trail that the airplane was leaving behind it was a white rainbow, and she was far more excited about that than the airplane actually flying over our house!
So...it gets better!
I made a hamburger ring for dinner. I don't make it often, but it's something quick and simple. Once dinner was ready, I made our plates and we sat down at the kitchen table to eat. Meredith ate every bit of her corn and then started to eat her small piece of hamburger ring. She took one bite and said, "Ugh...That's disgusting!" I have to admit I thought it was funny, but I certainly don't ever want her saying that anywhere else. So, I told her that wasn't nice to say that, and if she didn't like it she needed to keep her opinions to herself. Then I said, "You know Meredith, Mommy worked hard on our dinner." She didn't hesitate for one second. She looked at me and said, "And it's disgusting."
There is truly never a dull moment in our house! I love my silly girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment